Friday, July 2, 2010

Book club

My mother invited me to read and speak to her book club, and what a lovely time I had! She had given a copy of my book to each of the members of her group for their June meeting, and we all met last week over lunch -- delicious assemble-your-own (to accommodate my vegetarianism) Cobb salad -- at her house. This is the first time they have featured a book of poetry, and most of them have only rarely read verse. And yet they were such an appreciative audience. Several of the women, who now live full time in the country, especially related to the observations of nature through the seasons. A few particularly identified with the poem about stacking firewood!
It really was fun -- so if anybody else wants to try poetry in their book club, I'd be delighted to join you for a short reading and discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment